|My office...I love my turquoise trays, pretty to look at and serve a purpose; |
they keep me and your design projects organized!
Instead of hiding those lovely trays, display them. Serving trays, old, new, of any shape or size are wonderfully resourceful, provide elegant organization and display for any number of home decor. Serve up style around your home with my top 10 favorite decorating ideas for trays.1. Make a Library
Like some of us you might have a ton of coffee table books lying around your house. Make a coffee table more organized and display your favorite books by stacking them in a tray.
2. Show Off Your Collectibles
Whether tucked away on a bookshelf or on display on a side table, trays are the perfect way to show off like objects you love to collect, such as pottery bowls, candlesticks or a colorful glass from Venice.
3. Instant BarCreate your own mini-bar. Place a large tray on a luggage rack or buffet and top with glassware, liquor of your choice and your favorite wine. When you’re entertaining, add little dishes with lemon wedges, olives and cherries for garnish.
4. Dresser StorageA tray’s shallow depth and short sides make it a perfect solution to containing your makeup, jewelry or other toiletries. Use small dishes or jars to categorize like items, such as lipsticks, makeup brushes or earrings.
5. Entry OrganizerPlace a tray on a console near your foyer so anything you plunk down when you walk in can be kept tidy, like your wallet, sunglasses, keys, loose change or cell phone.
6. Kitchen HelpAn organized kitchen allows the chef to efficiently maximize her cooking time. Quick in, quick out! Keep cooking essentials within easy reach near the stove: olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper grinder and anything else you need to whip up your favorite meals.
7. Spur-of-the-moment Coffee TableNo coffee table? Use your tray to create a flat surface on your ottoman or sofa so you can set a glass, remote or other items.
8. Daily In-BoxDesignate a spot on your desktop or kitchen counter for your tray, so you can quickly corral the endless influx of mail, receipts, school papers, invitations and magazines. I use mine to keep my design projects organized. Each client get's a tray, then all ideas and samples are placed in the tray along with drawings, work orders and photo's.
9. Pretty PlanterIf you have a green thumb, create a naturally attractive display with potted ivy, herbs, cacti and other succulents. Creating a consolidated display on trays helps bring order and prevents a messy, scattered look. Plus, it makes watering easier.
10. Bedside TablePlace books, reading glasses, TV remote and other items in a tray to bring a feeling of serenity and calm to your place of repose.
Do you still need help with accessorizing your home? Call for an appointment to “re-style” your space today and then dig those trays out of the cabinets!
Your personal decorator,