Tuesday, October 29, 2013

What's Your Style, Take A Quiz To Find Out!


Do you know what decorating style best describes you? If you've ever wanted to know for sure, I have discovered how you can find out and have a little fun doing it. Just go to www.sproost.com and take this little on-line quiz. Its easy and very visual- you simply take a look at a series of photos of rooms and give your reaction to each ranging from hate to love, and it analyzes your style based on your answers.
After taking the quiz myself, it said my personal style was mostly Classic and Traditional. I was skeptical of the quiz at first but I have to admit, it was right on the money. Here's how they accurately describe my Classic taste or style in room design;
"What's old is new again! The beauty of Classic style is how well it takes all of the beautiful forms, colors and textures of the past and reinvents them in a way that feels both fresh and inspired.The style itself is a mix of European influences, French, English, Italian antiques and replicas are often used together. Furniture is well proportioned and comfortable and the rooms give off an air of sophistication and grace. Oil paintings depicting still- life or nature scenes and emphasizing symmetry of pairs helps maintain the traditional nature of the room. Windows are often covered with opulent fabric shades and/or drapery.Traditional rooms give off an air of history that seems to say "I was here long before you, and will remain long after you've gone." And yet, even with this level of sophistication, the rooms are soft and inviting."And its true, I love mixing old antiques with modern furnishings. I love beautiful fabrics at the windows and spread all over the room. And most of all I love to show off my European, Italian heritage in my rooms. I believe every room in my home should have a little "Italian" something in it, just for fun!
Go ahead, take the quiz, you might be surprised at the results!


Want to do a room in your home in your "decorating style"? Call or email me to make an appointment for a free 15 minute phone consultation!

1 comment:

Gayle Grace said...

Well, it says that I am 100% classic, but I don't think so... I like contemporary too, in fact, I think rooms are much more interesting when they contain a mix of styles...but you've got to have a good eye, or a great designer, to make it work!