Thursday, November 19, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving from your Decorator

Doesn't seem possible that it's that time of year when we all join together to give thanks. But it is and I am one very thankful lady for so many reasons.


We are all gathering at my house this Thursday and I'm cooking up a storm for friends and family. I can't wait to dig out all the old recipes. But if you are hunting around for a new recipe I have one to share with you here below. It's a crowd pleaser for sure! And I threw in a new prayer (who couldn't use a prayer?) that I came across. Written in 1860, it couldn't be more true today!

At this time of Thanksgiving I count among my many blessings your friendship, loyalty and support.

I am so very thankful for the confidence you have shown in me and my work. And I wish you and yours a most bountiful Thanksgiving Day !

Thanksgiving Creamed Corn Italian Style!



I give thanks to my Tennessee mother in-law, Ruth, for the best creamed corn I've ever tasted. But a few years ago I tried this recipe for creamed corn and everyone in our family raved about it. I think it's because it calls for "Romano" cheese and the Italian-Americans out number the southerners at our table! ! So here is my recipe!


1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons flour
2 (16 oz.) packages frozen corn
1 pint half-and-half cream
1 pint heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
1 cup grated Romano cheese

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter and blend together with the flour.
3. Add the corn, half and half, heaving cream, salt and sugar. Stir and heat until mixture begins to thicken.
4. Stir in cheese and pour into a 2 quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.

Happy Thanksgiving and Tanti Auguri,

~Toni~

No comments: